November 23, 2006
The MySoN (Malaysian Shape of the Nation) survey shows that:
- Malaysia has the most number of fat people in the Asean region.
- During the last 10 years, the number of fat people in Malaysia has more than doubled, resulting in more Malaysians falling ill with diseases such as hypertension and diabetes.
- 48 percent of Malaysian men and 62 percent of Malaysian women are fat.
- Malaysian Indians are the fattest at 63.4 percent followed by Malays (53.5 per cent), Chinese (50.8 per cent) and others (45.2 percent).
- 13.5 percent of the Malaysian adult population is diabetic, compared with only 8.3 percent in 1996.
This happened sometime ago, but it’s kinda funny…lol…Trackback